Bring out humanity’s
full potential through robotics.
Build trust between humanity and robots,
to create companions for more enriched and secure living.
NEW X, BESIDE YOU.
Message from the CEO
We Want to Invigorate Japan. The Future Envisaged by GROOVE X
GROOVE X would like to become a catalyst for restoring dynamism to Japan in two ways. First, we believe that a Japanese startup that proves able to join the ranks of global players could help reinvigorate Japanese industry as a whole. A startup that makes it big would also encourage adventurous would-be entrepreneurs to take risks, and thereby accelerate new developments in various fields of industry.
Secondly, it should boost financing—the lifeblood of startups—at the global level. Increasing the number of Japanese startups which can earn foreign exchange and achieve a global presence is an important task.
Promotion of reinvigoration of Japanese industry and the appearance of Japanese startups committed to making their mark in world markets could help restore vitality to Japan. GROOVE X has taken the initial step on that road to renaissance.
- Nov, 2015
- GROOVE X, Ltd. established.
- Oct, 2016
- To raise the startup financing level in Japan to the global standard, we became the very first adopter of the convertible equity method (issuance of stock acquisition rights through third-party allotment) which was developed in Silicon Valley as the most appropriate method for capital procurement during the seed period. We raised more than 1.4 billion yen through two rounds of convertible equity.
- Dec, 2017
- We raised 4.35 billion yen in Series A financing, with the Mirai Creation Fund and Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (INCJ) as the lead investors.
- Dec, 2018
- "LOVOT" -- a new home robot that stirs your instinct to love -- publicly unveiled
- Jan, 2019
- Awarded the Best Robot of CES 2019 by The Verge
- May, 2019
- Awarded the Cool Japan Award 2019, sponsored by Cool Japan Association
- COMPANY NAME
- GROOVE X, Inc.
- Sumitomo Fudosan Hamacho Bldg.
3-42-3 Nihonbashi-Hamacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 103-0007, JAPAN
- DATE OF ESTABLISHMENT
- NOVEMBER 2. 2015
- NUMBERS OF EMPLOYEES
- 81 （As of November 30. 2018）
- Kaname Hayashi
- Developing “LOVOT”, a new home robot that stirs your instinct to love.